This is a low-carb pasta salad that is creamy, packed with flavor, filling, and easy to make. Have it for a cold dinner, pack it for lunch at work, or serve it for brunch or lunch on the weekend. Everyone is sure to love it!
The carbs can stay so low because of the pasta. Each serving of ThinSlim Foods Low Carb Impastable Pasta - Rotini has only 8 grams of net carbs. There are 36 grams of dietary fiber! The beans and vegetables in this recipe add more fiber.
This recipe is already low in carbs, but you can also keep calories low. The pasta has only 55 calories per serving, or about 70% fewer than regular pasta. You can further cut calories by using fat-free sour cream.
The recipe calls for taco or fajita seasoning mix, but you can also use your own spices. Mix together cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you want heat but do not have a jalapeno at home, you can add red pepper flakes to taste.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 package of ThinSlim Foods Low Carb Impastable Pasta - Rotini
- 12 ounces of skinless chicken breast or thigh
- ½ package of taco or fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon of canola or other vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup of enchilada sauce
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1 cup of yellow corn, cut fresh from the cob, frozen and thawed, or canned
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can of low-sodium black beans, drained
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deveined and with the seeds removed, diced
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional garnishes: additional cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, more sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo
- Cook the ThinSlim Foods Low Carb Impastable Pasta - Rotini according to the instructions on the package. Boil water, add the pasta, and boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until nearly al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Place the taco seasoning into a bowl. Add the chicken and coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and garlic. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Turn the chicken over about 5 minutes into cooking to evenly cook both sides. Remove the chicken and garlic from the pan and set it aside.
- In a large clean bowl, mix together the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add it to the bowl. Add the rotini, corn, beans, bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro. Mix everything together gently.
- Place the pasta salad in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Plate the salad and add any desired toppings, such as more sour cream and cilantro, shredded cheese, avocado, or salsa. Serve and enjoy!