Healthy, delicious, easy, and satisfying…the vegan lifestyle is great when you have recipes like this! And this vegan cauliflower and broccoli fettuccine Alfredo with kale even lets you have a traditionally non-vegan food in a vegan form. Just mix together your own version of Alfredo sauce instead of using a jarred version with cream and cheese, and your meal is ready!
On top of it all, this recipe is low in carbs and calories when you use NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccine. It has only 10 calories per serving. The pasta has 0 grams of net carbs.
The recipe has antioxidants, fiber, and a lot of low-calorie bulk from the broccoli, cauliflower, and kale. The cashews, almond flour, and black beans add plant-based protein to make it a balanced one-dish meal.
You can try these variations if you like.
- Use whole-grain breadcrumbs, crushed high-fiber cereal, or whole-grain cracker crumbs instead of almond flour.
- Add or swap any vegetables for cauliflower and broccoli.
- Any kind of beans or lentils works well instead of black beans.
Recipe for Vegan Cauliflower and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ⅓ cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
- 12 ounces (about 1 small head) of cauliflower florets, in small chunks
- 12 ounces of broccoli florets, in small pieces
- ¾ cup of cashews in pieces or halves
- 1 can of low-sodium black beans, drained
- 2 packages of NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccine
- 4 cups of shredded or finely chopped kale
- Juice from ½ lemon, or about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of miso
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- ½ cup of water or more as needed
- Heat a pot of water on the stove. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- While the water is coming to a boil, add the almond flour, parsley, and lemon zest to a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix and set aside.
- Open the package of NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccine. Drain it and rinse it. Cut the strands to their desired lengths if they are too long for your taste.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli, and cashews to the boiling water. Cook at a simmer until the cauliflower and broccoli are soft. Turn off the heat. Drain the vegetables and cashews, and put them in a blender. Add the lemon juice, miso, onion powder, garlic powder, water, and salt. Pulse the blender until the vegetables have small chunks or are smooth.
- Add the NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettucine to the pot and heat them. Add the kale and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce from the blender into the pot with NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettucine and kale. Add the black beans. Toss to coat the noodles. Add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water if needed to thin the pasta.
- Plate the pasta. Serve and enjoy!