What if you could have fried rice without waiting for takeout or delivery? What if you could have it without the carbs? You can! This Quick and Easy Gluten-Free Keto Shirataki Fried Rice recipe is so easy and low in carbs that you may have trouble believing it. Then wait until you taste it for more amazement.
Regular fried rice has about 80 grams of carbs in a cup, or about 150 or more in a small takeout container. This recipe has almost none, with just a few from the carrots and peas. It is far lower in calories, with only about 200 instead of over 1000 from takeout. Nice!
The low counts are due to the NutriNoodle Shirataki Rice with Fiber. It has only 15 calories per serving, and 3 grams of total carbohydrates. It has 0 grams of net carbs and 3 grams of fiber. It is super easy to use and you do not even have to cook it.
A beautiful thing about fried rice is how versatile it is. The recipe is great as it reads, but these are just a few ways you can modify it.
- Add cooked protein, such as diced chicken, pork, shrimp, fish, or tofu.
- Switch vegetables, with possible choices including diced mushrooms, onions, snow peas, cabbage, and broccoli florets.
- Any type of oil is fine, such as olive oil or avocado oil.
- Add flavor with ingredients such as sliced scallions or kimchi.
- You can use peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce instead of tamari and fish sauce.
The recipe is good for dinner or you can take it for lunch. Serve it with avocado or a small salad to keep it low in carbs, or have it with a fruit salad for a bit of a larger meal with more antioxidants.
Recipe for Quick and Easy Gluten-Free Keto Shirataki Fried Rice
Makes 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 package of NutriNoodle Shirataki Rice with Fiber
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Juice and zest from 1 ripe lime
- 2 teaspoons of fish or oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 pinch of red chili flakes or sriracha sauce to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of frozen mix of carrots and green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: More fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts or cashew nuts, avocado slices
- Drain the NutriNoodles Shirataki Rice. Rinse well, then drain again. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the NutriNoodles Shirataki Rice, lime juice and zest, fish sauce, tamari, chili flakes or sriracha, and peas and carrots. Stir well and heat thoroughly.
- Add the egg and quickly stir to break it up as it cooks. Add the cilantro. Remove from heat once the egg is cooked.
- Plate the fried rice and add any additional toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!