This quick and easy spaghetti dish has a creamy sauce, bright flavors, and colorful vegetables. You can make it for a filling weeknight dinner, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day. Add spicy heat, if you like, with a dash of red pepper flakes or a squeeze of hot sauce.
When you use Veggie Pasta Hearts of Palm Noodles by Natural Heaven - Spaghetti, you get to skip the step of cooking the pasta. Plus, each serving of these palm noodles has only 25 calories and 2 grams of net carbs!
For a lower-calorie version, swap out the cream or half and half and instead add fat-free half and half. Or, add ⅓ cup of fat-free sour cream and ¼ cup of broth instead of cream. You can also cut calories and fat by skipping the butter and instead using ½ tablespoon of olive oil to cook the shrimp and ½ tablespoon of olive oil for cooking the vegetables.
You can vary the recipe as you like by using different vegetables, such as green peas instead of corn, or chopped bell pepper instead of tomatoes. You can also add black beans for extra fiber and protein, and just a few more carbs.
Recipe for Low-Carb Spaghetti and Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Vegetable Sauce
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 packages of Veggie Pasta Hearts of Palm Noodles by Natural Heaven - Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Optional: dash of red pepper flakes to taste for heart
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen and thawed or cut off the cob
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ cup of cream or half and half
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh chopped basil, grated parmesan or shredded jack cheese, avocado slices
- Prepare the Veggie Pasta Hearts of Palm Noodles by Natural Heaven - Spaghetti by opening the package and draining the noodles. Set them aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the shrimp, as well as salt and red pepper flakes if desired, and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through to make sure they are cooked on both sides. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. Put in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and corn kernels, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir in the spinach until it wilts and add the shrimp and lime juice. Season to taste and stir well.
- Add the cream or half and half and bring the sauce to a boil and then a simmer.
- Add the Veggie Pasta Hearts of Palm Noodles and stir well. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly warmed. Add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water or more cream to thin the sauce if desired. Turn off the heat.
- Plate the pasta and top with any additional toppings, such as fresh basil, parmesan or jack cheese, avocado, or more salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!