Pasta with garlic bread can be one of the most comforting and satisfying meals imaginable. This recipe for garlic bread pasta gets the flavors of garlic bread from butter, garlic, herbs, and toasted breadcrumbs.
With this recipe, this dish can work on weight loss diets! When you use NutriNoodle Shirataki Noodles, it has fewer than 10 grams of carbs and 200 calories for a huge serving. That is because NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti adds only 10 calories and 0 grams of net carbs. The only carbs come from the small amount of breadcrumbs.
These substitutions can transform the recipe so it fits into your diet plan.
Dairy-free and 100% vegan or plant-based: use olive oil instead of butter, and instead of nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese.
Gluten-free: use gluten-free bread to make breadcrumbs, or use gluten-free oats.
Paleo and grain-free: use almond-flour or oats instead of breadcrumbs.
You can also make it a high-protein dish by using half of a box of NutriNoodle Protein Pasta instead of Shirataki Spaghetti, which adds 21 grams of protein and only 8 grams of net carbs. Just cook the Protein Pasta according to the package instructions, which are similar to those for cooking regular pasta. You can also toss in cooked shrimp or diced chicken.
Recipe for Low-Carb Garlic Bread Pasta with Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Paleo Options
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 package of NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti
1 tablespoon of butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
3 tablespoons of regular or whole-grain Panko or breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning OR ½ teaspoon of dried oregano and ½ teaspoon of dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
Freshly chopped parsley or basil leaves for a garnish, if desired
More parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Prepare the NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain them, rinse them, and boil them for two minutes. Then add them to a heated dry skillet and cook off excess water for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut the spaghetti if shorter strands are desired. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian herbs or oregano and basil, and salt and pepper.
- In the skillet, heat the butter and add the garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat, until garlic begins to cook.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture to the heated skillet with butter and garlic and stir constantly until the Panko is browned or toasted, or 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti and stir while cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the shirataki noodles to the pan and use tongs or a stirring fork to combine the breadcrumbs mixture and pasta together. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve with parsley or basil leaves, if desired, and/or with parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!