Low-Carb Chicken Fettuccine in Creamy White Wine Pesto Sauce
Do not be fooled by the lengthy list of ingredients! This recipe is so easy to make! You just drain the pasta, cook the chicken and sauce, and combine everything. The many ingredients just add a lot of flavor. To save even more time, you can use ½ cup of store-bought pesto sauce instead of following the steps in the recipe to make your own.
This recipe is so delicious that you will not believe how low it is in carbohydrates. That is thanks to NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccini with Fiber, with 15 calories and 0 grams of net carbs. With protein from chicken and fiber from mushrooms, this is a filling recipe.
Recipe for Low-Carb Chicken Fettuccine Creamy White Wine Pesto Sauce
Make 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 package of NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccini with Fiber
- ⅓ cup of olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon of butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 12 ounces of skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, plus 1 teaspoon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts or walnut pieces
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan or pecorino cheese, plus ½ cup
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic, minced, plus 4 more peeled and minced cloves
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional for heat)
- ⅓ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup of white wine or cooking sherry
- Optional garnishes: chopped fresh basil, chopped walnuts or pine nuts, more parmesan cheese
- Drain the NutriNoodle Shirataki Fettuccini with Fiber and rinse it. Cut it into smaller lengths if desired. Set it aside.
- Make the pesto sauce by putting in a blender the basil leaves, ⅓ cup of olive oil, pine nuts or walnut pieces, ¼ cup of parmesan or pecorino cheese, and 2 cloves of garlic. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken, along with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, plus salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove the chicken from the skillet, let it cool slightly, and cut it into small pieces.
- Heat the other 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are softened. Remove them from the skillet and set them with the chicken.
- Add 4 cloves of garlic to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until they are fragrant. Add 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes if using, and white wine or sherry. Bring to a boil and let the wine cook down, about 2 minutes. Stir in the pesto sauce and ¼ cup of low-sodium broth.
- Stir and heat. Add the remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese and stir until it melts in. Add more broth if needed, and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and stir until the sauce coats the pasta. Stir in the chicken and mushrooms.
- Plate and add any additional garnishes, such as fresh basil, walnut pieces, or more parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!