Caesar salad fans, this one is for you! And pasta salad lovers, this one is for you, too! This amazing recipe combines these two favorite dishes to make a satisfying, make-ahead cold lunch or dinner. Best of all, it is low in carbs.
The pasta in this recipe is Great Low-Carb Pasta - Rotini. It has 7 grams of net carbs and 18 grams of dietary fiber. It is also packed with protein, with 18 grams.
Croutons are a feature of classic caesar salad. This salad has a mixture of crunch and substance from romaine lettuce and pasta. If you want to add croutons, you can keep them low in carbs by toasting low-carb bread with olive oil and garlic, then cutting it into square. Or you can bake cheese crackers to use.
Using Great Low-Carb Pasta - Rotini can help you keep calories down as well as carbs. Each serving has 100 calories, which is 50% less than the calories in regular pasta. If you want to cut calories, you can try these other swaps in the recipe.
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise instead of ⅓ cup of mayo
- Fat-free sour cream instead of regular sour cream
- Adding crunch with roasted chickpeas instead of croutons, cheese crackers, or nuts
- Using low-fat parmesan cheese and skipping the extra cheese on top
This recipe can be a great lunch or cold dinner. Refrigerate the leftovers for a couple of days and have them for dinner, or take them in a sack lunch with a piece of fruit for a complete and instant, healthy meal.
Recipe for Low-Carb Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Make 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 cloves of peeled and minced garlic
- 1 ounce (½ can) of anchovies, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- ⅓ cup of parmesan cheese, plus ⅓ cup
- 1 package of Great Low-Carb Pasta - Rotini
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded cooked skinless chicken, such as rotisserie or chicken breast
- Optional toppings, such as walnuts, tomato slices, or lemon wedges
- Cook the Great Low-Carb Pasta - Rotini according to the directions on the package. Boil water, add the pasta, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked nearly al dente. Drain the pasta and put it into a large serving bowl. Set it aside.
- Make the dressing in a bowl by whisking together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, anchovy, and ⅓ cup of parmesan cheese. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the romaine lettuce to the bowl and toss it with the pasta. Add the chicken and mix. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve the salad in bowls or on plates. Add walnuts or croutons, the remainder of the parmesan cheese, and any additional toppings, such as tomato slices or lemon wedge.
- Serve and enjoy!