This recipe is for you if you are ready to forget that you are on a low-carb diet, but you do not want to go off of your diet. Carba Nada Reduced Carb Fettuccine slashes carbs but adds full texture and flavor, and the recipe is easy to prepare.
Carba Nada Reduced Carb Fettuccine has about half the carbs as regular pasta, with a net carb count of 17 grams. Each serving has 7 grams of dietary fiber and, in contrast to regular pasta, each serving has 15 grams of protein. You can make this pasta just like regular pasta, but faster, since it boils for only about 3 minutes to get al dente.
This recipe is so flavorful that you might fall in love at first bite. Carba Nada Reduced Carb Lemon Pepper Fettuccine is already seasoned with lemon peel, lemon juice, lemon oil, and cracked peppercorns. You add more lemon juice and zest, and lemon pepper, when making it. Plus, who can resist extra cheesy goodness from grated parmesan that you stir in towards the end?
This recipe is designed to satisfy hunger for hours because it is packed with protein and fiber. Each of 6 large servings has 6 grams of fiber (that is 24% of the daily value) and more than 30 grams of protein. You can make it even more filling and nutritious by adding cooked diced broccoli florets with the lemon pepper sauce.
Recipe for Low-Carb Lemon Pepper Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons of light butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 24 oz. (1 ½ lb.) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 10 ounces (1 box) of Carba Nada Low-Carb Lemon Pepper Fettuccine
- 1 shallot, diced
- Sea salt to taste
- (optional) 2 cups of cooked, chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup of milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated lemon zest
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil to a skillet. Heat and add the chicken tenders.
- Add the lemon pepper seasoning and cook the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until it starts to cook. Flip and cook until the inside is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from heat, add lemon juice, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Boil it for about 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta, but save 3/4 cup of cooking water. Set the water aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the skillet. Add the diced shallot and salt and cook until shallot becomes translucent. Add the broccoli, if using.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, egg yolks, and lemon zest.
- Add the mixture and parmesan cheese to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Toss in the Carba Nada Low-Carb Lemon Pepper Fettuccine, adding reserved cooking water as necessary to thin the dish.
- Plate the pasta with chicken on top.