Keto Vietnamese Shirataki Noodle Salad Bowl
There may be a long list of ingredients, but this Vietnamese noodle salad bowl is so easy to make. You do not even need to cook the pasta, since NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti is ready to use. Just assemble the pasta, vegetables, and toppings in a bowl, and serve the bowl with a delicious dipping sauce.
This noodle salad bowl has these components.
- NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti, with only 10 calories per serving and 0 grams of net carbs.
- Fresh and crunchy coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage, and chopped baby spinach or spring greens.
- Freshly chopped herbs. The recipe calls for mint and cilantro, but you can add basil if you like.
- Shallots and scallions cooked in sesame oil to use as a topping for the bowl.
- Dipping sauce with salty, sweet, spicy, savory, spicy, and acidic flavors all mingled together. The ingredients include fish or oyster sauce, keto honey, lime juice, garlic, and hot peppers.
The recipe is super low in calories and carbohydrates. You can add protein, if you like, when assembling the bowl. Just put in your choice of cooked protein, such as salmon, shrimp, tofu, or chicken.
Recipe for Keto Vietnamese Shirataki Noodle Salad Bowl
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 packages of NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup of sliced shallots
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup of fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups of chopped spring greens or baby spinach leaves
- Juice from 1 lime, about 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of fish or oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of sugar-free honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- (Optional) 1 Thai chili pepper or ½ jalapeño or serrano, seeded and thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: crushed peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, avocado slices, lime wedges
- Drain and rinse the NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti. Cut it into smaller strand lengths if desired. Set aside.
- Make the dipping sauce in a small or medium bowl by whisking together the lime juice, fish or oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, warm water, keto honey or maple syrup, garlic, and optional hot pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a skillet. Add the shallots and cook over low heat until they are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove them from the pan, and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess liquid and oil.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan and add the scallions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 30 seconds and then remove the scallions and oil from the heat, putting them in a small bowl for serving.
- Get ready to serve the bowls by evenly dividing the pasta, vegetables, and herbs into 4 bowls. Top with the shallots and pour the scallions and oil over the top. Add any additional toppings, such as avocado slices, crushed peanuts, lime wedges, or toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!