This recipe is so flavorful, easy, and low in carbs that you can have it anytime. You may find yourself having it more often than you care to admit. And once you find out that it is a great next-day lunch, you may have it even more often!
All you have to do to prepare the NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti is drain, rinse, and boil it. Cook the beef in a pan. Then cook the vegetables and seasonings, add the broth, and put everything together. It could not be much easier!
The ingredients in this dish are almost free from carbs. Ground beef has 0 carbs, and NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti with Fiber has 0 grams of net carbs, including 3 grams of dietary fiber, including fiber from oats and soybeans. Soy sauce, carrots, and onions add a trivial amount of carbs.
The recipe is delicious and keto-friendly as it stands, but you can tweak it if you want. These are some possible changes.
- Using lean ground turkey, chicken, or salmon instead of beef to lower the calorie and saturated fat content.
- Swapping vegetables or adding more, with napa cabbage, water chestnuts, snap peas, and bell pepper strips being possible ones.
- Mixing in sriracha or chili sauce to turn up the heat.
- Tossing in tangerine wedges just before serving the ramen.
- Serving the ramen as a soup by adding additional broth.
Recipe for Keto Spicy Beef Ramen with Shirataki Noodles
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 ¾ cups of beef broth
- 2 packages of NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti with Fiber
- ⅓ cup of thinly chopped green onions
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes for heat
- Cook the ground beef in a pan. As it cooks, you can crumble it with a fork. Remove the beef from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, heat the canola oil and add the ginger, garlic, onion, and shredded carrots. Cook for 5 minutes or until the ginger and garlic become fragrant and the onion begins to soften.
- Stir in the beef broth and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer it for a few minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare the NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti with Fiber according to the directions on the package. Drain the noodles, rinse them, and add them to boiling water for 1 minute. Drain them and place them on a towel or paper towel to pat them dry.
- Add the shirataki noodles to the sauce along with the sesame oil and ground beef and heat everything thoroughly.
- Plate the noodles and garnish with any optional toppings, such as toasted sesame seeds or chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!