Keto Roasted Mushrooms and Pasta in Creamy White Wine Sauce
There is something about mushrooms that is elegant, yet earthy and satisfying. This recipe is packed with mushrooms that are golden and caramelized from baking in the oven before being added to the pasta. It is a perfect recipe for an autumn evening when mushrooms are in season. With Great Low Carb Pasta Spaghetti, this dinner is low in carbs and keto-friendly.
This is a keto-friendly dish because it is so low in carbs. Each serving of Great Low-Carb Pasta Spaghetti has 7 grams of net carbs. Plus the recipe is high in fat with butter, olive oil, and mascarpone and parmesan or pecorino cheeses. The pasta adds 18 grams of protein per serving. If you like, you can add chicken or fish to the dish for extra protein.
Mascarpone is a creamy, delicious cheese, but not everyone has it in their refrigerator. If you do not have mascarpone, you can substitute. Just cream together 8 ounces (1 block) of softened cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of softened butter and ¼ cup of heavy cream.
Recipe for Keto Roasted Mushrooms and Pasta in Creamy White Wine Sauce
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 package of Great Low Carb Pasta Spaghetti
- ¼ cup of butter, plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 ½ pounds of white or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (or more or less according to taste)
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¾ cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Juice from half a lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 8 ounces of mascarpone
- 4 ounces (1 cup) of grated or shredded parmesan, asiago, or pecorino cheese
- Optional garnishes: fresh parsley, lemon wedge, fresh basil leaves, chopped walnuts, more parmesan or mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Boil water, add the pasta, and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Mix ¼ cup of butter, mushrooms, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper in a baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Take the mushrooms out of the oven.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the garlic begins to cook. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the heavy cream.
- Add the wine and heat. Stir in the mascarpone and parmesan cheese and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir. Continue to cook until the dish is hot.
- Plate the pasta on plates or in bowls. Divide the roasted mushrooms evenly on top of each dish. Add any optional garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!