This is a quick, easy, and healthy recipe that does not taste like it is low-calorie and low-carb. But it is! Make a quick sauce and toss it with seasoned NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti, and you’re ready to eat!
A Wealth of Flavors and Textures
The flavors start to add up when you mix the NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti with bouillon and heat it up. Olive oil and butter, garlic, and hot sauce add more character, while parmesan cheese gives it some savory creaminess. Adding thin slices of zucchini adds not only nutrition, but also character. Fresh parsley and crunchy almonds or pork panko breadcrumbs finish off the dish.
Low in Calories and Carbohydrates
The pasta in this recipe is NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti. It has only 10 calories and 0 grams of net carbs. The only carbohydrates in shirataki are from dietary fiber; there are three grams. If you want to further reduce the calories in this recipe, you can skip the olive oil and reduce the butter to only 2 tablespoons.
You can sub eggplant or mushrooms for the zucchini and add spinach if you like. Or you can toss in cooked shrimp or chicken to add protein just before you stir in the parmesan cheese.
Recipe for Keto Garlic Butter Parmesan Spaghetti with Zucchini
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 packages of NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce or sriracha
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces (½ cup) of parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Optional toppings: additional parmesan cheese, extra parsley, sliced green onion, pork panko breadcrumbs, or toasted sliced almonds
- Prepare the NutriNoodle Shirataki Spaghetti. Open the pasta, drain it, rinse it, and drain it again. If strands are too long, cut them to the desired length. Mix the spaghetti with 1 tablespoon of instant bouillon powder and add it to a heated skillet. Heat it for 1 minute, stirring, and then turn off the heat. Remove the noodles from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute. Stir in the hot sauce and red pepper flakes, if using, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Add the NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti and mix it with the garlic mixture to coat the pasta. Add the parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and stir to combine until everything is distributed evenly. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Plate the pasta. Add any additional toppings, such as parmesan cheese, sliced green onion, extra parsley, pork panko breadcrumbs, or toasted sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!