Keto Cheese Chicken Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Chilies
This recipe features pan-seared chicken and with spaghetti in a creamy, cheesy sauce, packed with flavor and a bit of heat. It has spiciness from tomatoes and chilies, 3 kinds of cheese, and extra flavor from garlic, Italian herbs, and cumin. Then you bake it into a cheesy casserole. Hooray!
If you are looking for a meal that offers complete satisfaction, you have found it. It is completely decadent, creamy, and delicious. And it will keep you going for a long time, without overloading on carbs. Each serving is packed with protein from the chicken and cheese, with an extra 18 grams of protein per serving from Great Low-Carb Pasta Spaghetti.
Here are a few tips.
- You can use almond meal or whole-wheat flour to thicken the sauce.
- Having the cream cheese at room temperature, cubed, and softened helps it melt in better.
- You can use a Mexican blend of shredded cheese instead of cheddar if you like.
Recipe for Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Chilies
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of almond meal
- 1 ½ cups of low-sodium or regular chicken broth
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature and cubed
- 4 ounces (1 cup) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 oz.) of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (optional)
- 1 package of Great Low-Carb Pasta Spaghetti
- 4 ounces (1 cup) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional garnishes: red pepper flakes, chopped parsley or cilantro, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken. Cook it on each side until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan, let it cool, and cut it into small cubes. Set it aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and heat it. Scrape any cooked chicken bits from the bottom of the pan and stir them into the butter.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook for 4 minutes. Add the almond meal and stir it well. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the flour no longer has a smell.
- Add the chicken broth bit by bit, stirring each time to keep the roux thick. Then add the milk, bit by bit, stirring.
- In the meantime, cook the Great Low-Carb Pasta Spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Boil water, add the pasta, and cook the pasta for 3 to 5 minutes or until nearly al dente. Drain the pasta.
- Let the sauce in the skillet continue to cook at a simmer. Then stir in the cream cheese cubes until they melt.
- Turn off the heat, stir, add the cheddar cheese, and stir it in until it melts and is combined. Add the tomatoes and cumin if using. Add some of their juice if you need to thin the sauce. Otherwise, drain the tomatoes before adding them. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Place the mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan and top it with mozzarella cheese. Bake it for 15 minutes. The cheese should be melted and browned.
- Garnish with optional toppings, let it cool slightly, and serve. Enjoy!