Cajun Shrimp with Shirataki Rice with Oat & Soybean Fiber and Red Beans
A quick and appetizing meal that will be on the table in less than 20 minutes - this shrimp and rice dish is perfect after a long day at work. Brining the shrimp greatly improves its taste and texture.
Simply cover the peeled and deveined shrimp with water, add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and a teaspoon of salt and let sit for 12-15 minutes in the fridge before proceeding with the recipe.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: Less than 10 minutes
Cook Time: Less than 10 minutes
Recipe Type: Easy, Low-Carb, Low Fat, Gluten-Free, Pescatarian
- 1 packet NutriNoodle Shirataki Rice with Oat & Soybean Fiber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 sweet mini peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8oz/225g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or use 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, dried thyme, ground cumin, and onion powder)
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet/200g/7oz Nutri Noodle Shirataki Rice with Oat & Soybean Fiber
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. Prepare Nutri Noodle Shirataki Rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat and sauté the onion and pepper until tender. Add the garlic, shrimp, lime juice and seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes then add the vegetable broth. Continue cooking until the shrimp turns pink and the liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the beans and the shirataki rice; let heat through, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately garnished with lime wedges.