Making shrimp lo mein is one of the easiest ways to get a meal like Chinese-style takeout without actually getting takeout. This recipe is not just simple to make easy on the wallet, and packed with flavors from garlic, onion, soy sauce, and sweetener. It is also super satisfying and unbelievably low in carbohydrates.
Thanks to NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti, a huge serving does not have the 100 or more grams of carbohydrates that an order of lo mein from a restaurant can deliver. Instead, it has just a few grams that come from the vegetables and soy sauce. That is because each serving of NutriNoodles has 0 grams of net carbs.
This recipe works just fine with chicken or tofu. Just be sure to drain and press the tofu before using it. It has tons of vegetables, and you can feel free to swap or add any you like, with snow peas, julienned red pepper, and broccoli florets being some of our suggestions.
In this recipe, you can marinate the shrimp in soy sauce while you prepare the NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti. Then you cook the shrimp, cook the vegetables, and combine the ingredients with a flavorful sauce. Yum!
Recipe for Easy Keto Lo Mein With Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
½ cup plus ¼ cup of thinly sliced green onions or scallions
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of low-calorie sweetener, such as stevia or monk fruit
Dash of red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 packages of NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti
2 tablespoons of sesame, olive, or other vegetable oil
½ cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups of shredded Napa cabbage
½ cup thinly sliced carrot
4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Mix the shrimp, soy sauce, and ¼ cup of green onions or scallions in a bowl and set aside to marinate.
- To make the sauce, whisk together 1 tablespoon of sesame oil with the garlic powder, onion powder, rice wine vinegar, sweetener, and red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl.
- Prepare the NutriNoodles Shirataki Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Then heat in a dry skillet for 2 to 3 minutes to dry them. Cut them into shorter length pieces if desired. Set aside.
- Heat the olive or sesame oil in a pan. Add the shrimp and stir frequently until cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove shrimp from heat and set aside.
- Add the garlic and remaining scallions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, carrots, and Napa cabbage. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the noodles and shrimp, stir, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and toss everything together.
- Serve on plates with cilantro, chopped peanuts, or toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!