These creamy peanut and tahini kelp noodles are packed with flavors and nutrition. The peanut butter, tahini, and sesame and olive oils add healthy fats, while the vegetables pack in the fiber. This recipe is low in carbs because of Sea Tangle Noodle Company Kelp Noodles, which have only 2 grams of net carbohydrates per serving.
Sea Tangle Noodle Company Kelp Noodles are a refreshingly healthy alternative to some highly processed low-carb products. They are naturally low in carbs and high in minerals, such as calcium and iodine. Kelp Noodles are ready to be used right from the package. They do not need to be cooked. Just open the bag, drain them, and rinse them. You can soak them in water to soften them a bit, as is recommended in this recipe, but it is not necessary if you are in a rush.
This recipe for Creamy Peanut and Tahini Kelp Noodles has a blend of flavors in the sauce. It balances sweetness from sweetener, acid from lime juice, saltiness from soy sauce, and spiciness from sriracha. You can substitute chili sauce for sriracha and sunflower, cashew, or soy nut butter for peanut butter to keep the recipe peanut-free. Another tip is to try tamari instead of soy sauce to avoid gluten.
Recipe for Creamy Peanut and Tahini Kelp Noodles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package of Kelp Noodles by Sea Tangle Noodle Company
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of sesame or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 packet of calorie-free sweetener, such as monk fruit or stevia
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of sriracha
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of water (adjust to desired consistency)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, chopped
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup of red bell pepper in thin strips
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- ½ cup of carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup of shelled edamame or 2 cups of edamame in the pod
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced scallion, freshly chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, avocado slices
- Prepare the Kelp Noodles. Drain the package, rinse the noodles, and soak them in warm water in a bowl. Set the noodles aside.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, tahini, sesame or peanut oil, soy sauce, sweetener, lime juice, sriracha, and salt, if using. Adjust the water until the consistency is at the desired thickness. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the broccoli, carrot, and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the bell pepper and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the edamame and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the sauce, turning the heat down to low.
- Add the noodles and toss until the sauce is evenly distributed on the noodles. Turn on the heat.
- Plate the noodles and garnish as desired. Serve and enjoy!