This easy keto recipe is creamy and satisfying, not to mention guilt-free. It takes hardly any prep time, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a relaxed weekend lunch or dinner with family or with guests. The recipe has three parts: pasta, roasted broccoli and shrimp, and a cheesy sauce.
The first part of the recipe is the pasta. Low-carb, low-carb ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Penne has only 55 calories per serving. It has 8 grams of net carbs, and 36 grams dietary fiber. That is how you can keep this recipe keto-friendly!
Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp
The next component is the combination of roasted broccoli and shrimp. Tossed with olive oil and salt to taste, the broccoli and shrimp are simple and delicious. Just roast them in an oven until they are cooked before using them in the recipe.
Creamy Cheese Sauce
The creamy cheese sauce holds everything together. The recipe calls for delicious Parrano cheese, but you can substitute 6 ounces of gouda cheese and 2 ounces of parmesan cheese if you cannot find Parrano in your local supermarket.
Recipe for Creamy Keto Penne with Shrimp, Broccoli, and Parrano Cheese
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 package of ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Penne
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of grated Parrano cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces of broccoli florets
- 8 ounce of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground black pepper and chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt to taste. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring it twice while cooking. It is done when the shrimp turn pink and the broccoli starts to get tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Penne according to the instructions on the package. Boil water, add the penne, and cook until nearly al dente, or about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- At the same time, make the cheese sauce in a saucepan. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add the milk gradually, continuing to whisk to combine everything. Whisk in the Parrano cheese and allow it to melt. Keep whisking and cooking until the cheese has melted into the sauce. Stir in the garlic powder and salt, then turn down the heat to keep the sauce warm until you are ready to combine all of the components of the pasta dish.
- In a large bowl or in the pot used for cooking the pasta, toss the pasta, sauce, and broccoli and shrimp.
- Plate the pasta and top it with black pepper and parsley. Serve and enjoy!