Creamy Keto Crab Pasta Salad
Crab pasta salad is creamy and delicious. This recipe makes it within reach on a low-carb or keto diet. The flavors mix together in a creamy blend that highlights the crab meat. Make the recipe ahead of time to let the flavors develop and to enjoy a make-ahead lunch or dinner. You can even use it for company!
Each serving of ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Shells adds only 8 grams of net carbohydrates and 55 calories. If you want to cut carbs further, you can use 1 packet of low-calorie sweetener, such as stevia or monk fruit, and 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard, instead of the honey mustard that the recipe calls for.
If you are interested in cutting calories, you will be happy to know that ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Shells have only 55 calories per serving. That is about 75% less than regular pasta. You can further cut calories by using low-fat sour cream, and using plain yogurt instead of mayo in the dressing.
Here are a few more tips.
- Real crab meat and imitation crab both work.
- You can use green, red, yellow, or any combination of bell peppers.
- You can spruce up the dressing by adding capers, olives, or chopped pickles.
- Mix in feta cheese or cheddar cheese for extra flavor and creaminess.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes in the fridge before serving. Overnight works even better because the flavors have time to blend.
Recipe for Creamy Keto Crab Pasta Salad
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 package of ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Shells
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced green onion
- Make the dressing in a medium bowl. Include the mayonnaise, olive oil, sour cream, lemon juice, honey mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- Make the ThinSlim Foods Impastable Low Carb Pasta - Shells according to the instructions on the package. Boil water, add the pasta, and cook until nearly al dente, or about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water. Drain the pasta again and put it in a large mixing bowl. Leave the mixing bowl in the fridge until you are ready to use the pasta.
- Add the dressing to the mixing bowl with the pasta. Add the crab or imitation crab meat, red and green bell peppers, diced green onion, and halved grape tomatoes. Toss everything gently, to combine, until the pasta is coated with dressing and the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more. Leave it in the fridge until it is time to serve it. Plate the pasta. Serve and enjoy!