This creamy and delicious pasta dish is creamy, hearty, and so tasty that you won’t believe that you can eat it on a low-carb diet. The pasta is Great Low-Carb Pasta Rotini, which has only 7 grams of net carbs per serving. And it is super easy to prepare, and very versatile.
This recipe is ideal for a high-fat keto diet. It has beef, cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. You can play around with the cheeses, cream, and butter to vary the flavors while keeping it creamy. Sour cream can substitute for cream cheese and/or butter, and any kind of cheese that melts nicely, such as swiss, jack, or parmesan, can add flavor and creaminess instead of using cheddar cheese.
These are some other variations for the recipe.
- Swap basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme for dried Italian herbs.
- Add bell peppers when you add the mushrooms.
- Use tomato sauce instead of canned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir in spinach at the end.
- Use lean ground turkey instead of beef.
- Try almond flour instead of whole-wheat flour.
Recipe for Creamy Keto Beef Rotini with Mushrooms
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, or to taste for heat
- 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat flour
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms.
- 1 14-ounce can of canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ½ cup of beef broth
- 1 package of Great Low-Carb Pasta Rotini
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup of half and half or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes and toppings: chopped fresh parsley or basil, sugar-free ketchup, extra cheese, sour cream, chopped chives
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 2 minutes, then break apart the beef with a wooden spoon. Continue to cook until it is browned, or about 5 more minutes. Season with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the tomato paste and whole-wheat flour and thoroughly combine. Stir in the Italian herbs, then add the tomatoes and mushrooms, and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Let it cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- As the sauce is cooking, cook the Great Low-Carb Pasta Rotini according to the instructions on the package. Boil water, add the pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until nearly al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce along with the cream cheese, cream, butter, and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Once the cheeses are melted in and the sauce is creamy, turn off the heat and plate the pasta. Add any additional toppings, such as fresh parsley or basil, more cheese, sour cream, ketchup, or chopped chives.
- Serve and enjoy!